A Bit of Background
Greenacres is Hanmer Springs original motel. It started life in the 1950s as a quaint collection of holiday cabins. In the years since, Greenacres has been rebuilt and modernised to be a self contained alpine style village with its delightful village green forming the centrepiece of 2 ½ acres of landscaped gardens.
Today the complex comprises 9 individual chalets and 4 superior Villas and a 3 bedroom retreat. All all fully equipped and ready for your enjoyment.
Only a few minutes walk from the Hanmer Springs shops, restaurants and famous Hot Pools, Greenacres is a quiet haven where birdlife abounds and the views will amaze you we are the only motel with an elevation above the village.
We pride our selves in our environmental sustainablity and encourage our guests to help us care for our environment by recycling rubbish and conserving power and water whilst still offering comfort and service.
Guest facilities & special features
At Greenacres you can enjoy:
- Our private indoor spa room
- Guest laundry open 24 hours
- FREE internet in reception access
- Wireless internet
- Undercover car parking (important on icy winter mornings!)
- Gas barbecue delivered to your chalet
- Children's’ play area - swings, slides etc
- Smoke free units
- Continental breakfasts to order
All our chalets & villas are separate buildings - no common walls!
- Private verandahs on all units
- Spacious grounds to relax in
- Help & advice on local tours and attractions
Your hosts are very experienced travellers - we know what you want!
Pets by Arrangement
Pets are usually welcome at Greenacres, we have allocated rooms which are pet friendly so it is essential to pre-arrange your booking and get our pet policy.
We do make a charge of $10/night for pets.